Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry Christmas!

We had Christmas early because my sister Lexie and her husband Jake were in town and Derrick and I didn't want to have to pack all of our gifts to take to Spokane. We did the gifts from family at my parents house and then Derrick and I turned the lights on our tiny tree at home and had our own gift exchange. It was so much fun! It was especially fun to have him get excited and try everything on the second it was opened. We got through all of our gifts without wanting to return a single one, so I think we did pretty good.

We are leaving Wednesday afternoon to go to Derrick's oldest sisters house in Spokane. All of his family will be there minus a sister, her husband, and two kids. We're really looking forward to it.

Yesterday at church I got called to be the 1st councilor in the Primary Presidency. That was a surprise! We are enjoying being in a family ward and have been welcomed by everyone.

We are so blessed! This is my favorite time of the year and a great time to reflect on the Savior and the amount of love that He has for us.

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving the new blog (love the old one, too). I am a little behind on the times. Also, I just got called to the Primary, too, and am really liking it. Thanks for the updates. We miss you guys, but it looks like you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for our gifts. We both love them tons. We would love to see you again before we go back to Boise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have told me you had a blog. Cute, cute! Hope you had a good time up here, we sure enjoyed having everyone come up. I made my blog private, but I sent you an invite, let me know if it doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete