Monday, November 16, 2009

No Pictures... Just Stories

My laptop is driving me nuts. I turn it on and it seems to be working fine and then it freezes and I have to turn it off. It won't ever stay on long enough for me to load my pictures, so this will have to do for now. I used Derrick's laptop yesterday before church to put some of our wedding and honeymoon pictures on Facebook so most of you have probably already seen them.

We got married on Saturday, October 24th at my parent's house here in Twin Falls and it was by far the windiest day of all time (slight exaggeration) but it still turned out great. I had my heart set on being married outside so we had our ceremony in the back yard and then moved my parents furniture into the garage so we could have the reception inside. Derrick and I were shocked at how many people came and we still haven't stopped talking about what great, supportive friends and family we have.

My sister Lexie and her husband Jake came to the rescue and made all of the desserts for our reception and they were amazing. Thank heaven for them- my head was too far in the clouds to be productive. My mom made gorgeous centerpieces and did a great job of having everything organized and looking perfect.

Derrick's mom and sisters made the food for the luncheon and did such a good job. I was excited to have everyone together and for Derrick's family and my family to get to know each other better.

It was a chaotic day but I loved every second of it.

Derrick cracked me up during our ceremony. He kept leaning in and kissing me and the bishop would say "not yet!" He is too cute.

We left for Hawaii the next day and had a complete blast the whole time. Our hotel was right by the beach and we did all of the touristy things.
  • Sunset dinner cruise
  • Pearl Harbor
  • Polynesian Cultural Center
  • Parasailing
  • Rented a car and went to North Shore, the Dole Plantation, and the Temple

I was exhausted when we left. Our flight was at 7:30 that night and we got back in Boise around 10:00 the next morning. We had tickets to the BSU game at 1:00 so we stopped at a restaurant where another football game was playing while we waited. I was so tired that I just leaned on Derrick and passed out. At one point he put his arm around me and had to close my mouth so I didn't drool on him (glamerous picture, huh?) The game was good and coming home was even better :)

I love Derrick so much. He makes me laugh harder than I ever imagined and we have so much fun together. He's my bestest bud in the whole wide world.

1 comment:

  1. We had such a good time with you guys this weekend! I am glad you were able to stop by. Next time it needs to be long enough for us to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete